The innovative W2MO video-based process study function allows you to use specific motion speeds instead of default times, making calculations more accurate and less-time consuming
Video-based process study starts with the direct and continuous observation of a task, using a timekeeping device (e.g. a stopwatch or a video-recording device) to determine the time taken to accomplish the task. It is used to calculate process times for different steps as well as process chains.
Procedure and flow:
Features of the W2MO video-based process study functionality:
- Easy recording, analysis, documentation and optimization of all kinds of processes in production and logistics
- Detailed calculation of the workload, split into separate elements, processes or granular activities
- Recording / analyzing of both speeds and times
- Elimination of time-wasting processes
- Performance rating of employees: setting target times, e.g. for a complete picking process including packing and labeling, comparing with as-is times
Just times are not enough – speeds are required!
In traditional time study applications you can just measure times. This approach is not feasible for logistics – in logistics you must be able to calculate times depending on the chosen path and start/end locations.
- Direct integration to W2MO layout: measured times are saved directly into the model database and influence all future calculations
- Different levels of accuracy are possible: consideration between effort and time accuracy
- Easy adjustment of extra processes: creation, description and recording of times and speeds in a single workflow
- Setting up performance groups or recording of individual times per each worker/shift/warehouse team
- Target/actual comparison for performance rating
- Recording forklift or walking speed pushing a cart
Features – Video function
- Shooting and saving specific workflows or entire process chains with the W2MO mobile app on any Android device
- Other video sources possible as well – e.g. 'helmet cameras' (GoPro or similar)
- Subsequent assignment of time periods to processes in the browser
- Several processes and procedures can be created and measuredin a single video
- Accuracy up to the tenth of a second
- Privacy protection through automatic pixelation of faces
- Use videos for training and process documentation, too
How much efforts does a Video-Based Process Study require?
- Depending on the quantity of processes and the desired accuracy
- Catalogue of SOPs to be investigated is beneficial
- Reference:15 to 45 minutes of video recording per process
- Depending on the complexity of recorded processes, the estimated period of time is 1-3 days for video recording and processing
- Subscription or license of W2MO
- An Android mobile phone or tablet
What are the resulting benefits?
- Typically a well prepared process study may result in savings of 2 to 4 times of the invested efforts
Video-based process study Application also lets you measure default times through videos obtained from Android devices.
- Cloud-powered Video-Based Process Study
- Usage of video recordings or 'live' recording during operations
- Recording oftimes and speeds
- Privacy protection with automatic pixelation of workers‘ faces when shooting a video
- Direct integration with the multi-awarded software W2MO
- Latest technology: HTML5-based, video playback without Flash
- Fully integrated into W2MO enhanced activity based costing
- SAP integration
Comparison of Different Scenarios and Cost is possible with a few Clicks